February 28, 2017, Monthly Chapter Meeting & Annual General Meeting
Executive Blind Spots and the Next Evolution of Business Analysis
Many projects are positioned to fail before they make it to a business analyst or agile team due a lack of basic “pre-emptive” business analysis at strategic planning and leadership levels. The good news is, this gap provides a great opportunity for seasoned business analysts to provide significant value, while enriching and advancing their careers. During this session Jonathan Babcock, current VP of Professional Development, will share personal anecdotes, and industry research supporting the notion that strategic business analysis - including working with executive stakeholders to make sure that the right requests are making it to delivery teams - will be the next evolution for business analysis, enabling practitioners to provide substantial business value in both agile and traditional environments.
- Learn common limitations of most delivery organizations’ process and methodology improvements, where the next big opportunity lies, and why.
- Gain insights into some typical pitfalls associated with how executive business stakeholders decide which projects will be worked and when, and how business analysts are uniquely positioned to help avoid or mitigate them.
Learn about the personal and professional attributes that will position an analyst for success during the coming years.
Jonathan Babcock is a Director, and Business Analysis service offering lead at Jabian Consulting. In addition to business analysis, Jonathan has served in product management, quality assurance, project/team leadership, solution architecture/design and management roles during his 15+ years delivering business solutions as a consultant and in industry. Jonathan's professional passion is helping organizations and individuals plan and navigate change to achieve their visions. Jonathan is an active participant in the BA community, currently serving as VP of Professional Development for the Greater Atlanta chapter of IIBA®, and online via his website, PracticalAnalyst.com, and Twitter (@jonbab1).
After the presentation, the Annual General Meeting (AGM) of IIBA Greater Atlanta Chapter will be held. At the AGM, members will learn the state of the Chapter, hear candidates for the Chapter Board of Directors offices of President, VP of Marketing and Communications and VP of Professional Development. The membership will also ratify the Chapter Bylaws.
- State of the Chapter
- Ratification of updates to the Chapter By Laws
- Members can review the By Laws on the website. To access the By Laws, you must log into the website first.
- Updated Bylaws for Review and Ratification by Membership.
- Board of Director Election (President, VP of Professional Development, VP of Marketing and Communicaitons)
- Candidate Speeches
- Ballot Voting by Members Only